I had one of them for about a week, and the strap buckle (made of
plastic) let go one time when I was picking it up at an angle. All of my
photo gear went smashing to the ground. And no, it was not overloaded.
Repeated angry calls, letters and emails to LowePro resulted in them sending
out a brand new top of the line LowePro Pro-Trekker AW to replace it.
However, this was after $500.00 in claims to my camera insurance for
repairs. That particular bag (your Phototrekker) is the only one in the line
that has those silly little plastic clips which bear ALL of the weight of
the gear: my advice would be to replace them with something metal (at a shoe
repair place, under $10.00) or watch that thing like a hawk, particularly as
you purchase more equipment and it gets heavier. I still had room for
another camera and a Large lens, and mine let go, crashing down 6' onto
cement. I have had three other LowePro bags that have been fabulous, as is
my current one. That one was not good. Perhaps LowePro has returned to the
use of metal clips, which always used to be used on their equipment.

Cameron Hood