On 23/8/05, mike wilson, discombobulated, unleashed:

>One thing I don't understand is that everyone talks about cost savings
>with DSLRs and yet (mostly) they make deskjet prints.  I, generally,
>don't do prints but I fail to see how that can be cheaper unless people
>are mostly not printing.  Especially as most people seem to want to
>print, when they do, at 10x12" or so.

Mike, I was scanning my negs, *and* printing until I packed film in. That
was quite expensive. Now I don't pay for the film and processing, and
time lost to scanning is recovered by interesting pursuits like browsing
eBay...

I reckon I spend about £350 a year on inks and printer paper.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__