Does anyone have an idea how the B&W filter in the istDS2 might work?  The
various Sony cameras I've used allows for B&W, but the results seem to be
little more than desaturated RGB - in fact, the files show up as RGB type
files when edited in PS, and the B&W results aren't particularly good,
showing a rather poor tonality and range.  Are there different ways of
generating a B&W photo with digi cameras? Might the B&W results in the
istDS2 be RAW files, or something other?  I realize all this may require
some speculation ...

 Kodak had a camera specifically designed for B&W, but I never saw any
unretouched results from that one.

Shel