Jens Bladt wrote:

I know. Old cameras were operative for 20 years or more. New ones aren't.
This is something we just have to get used to. The speed in wich electronics
i evolved.

No we don't.

I bought my first home computer in 1998. I am about to exchange second one.
The same thing with cameras, which are really small computers with a lens.

There is an alternative.........

I'd be satisfied if my D is still alive and well in four years. Then we'll
probably have faster everything a twice as many MP's  - at half the price,
of course.

Something will give. How about half the present life expectancy for the lower price?

It gets obsolete when there's to many hot spots in the CCD or when it's just
not up to date anymore.

Jens Bladt
Arkitekt MAA
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt