No, Marnie, I was not in a helicopter. Both photos were taken with my brand new Spottie when I was a captain in the US Marines. The Photo of bombs exploding was taken from the back seat of an F-4B fighter jet, which had just dropped those bombs. The other shot was taken when I visited Hiroshima, Japan.

Dan M