One of my friends in New Orleans bought the DA40 Limited and has displayed several photos taken with it. It seems an excellent performer, and he likes it a lot (he has every pancake design lens that's been on the market, from Pentax and other vendors). 40mm would make a short-portrait-tele, but I find the thin form factor to be a little cramped for my fingers. I prefer the 35 and 50mm lenses.

Godfrey