Strangely the ratios for most film push is the same as for f/stops. That is the
square root of 2, or 1.4. So if you photos look good at your normal exposure
and development they should be Ok if you increase you development time by 1.4.
For example, if you are now developing at 400ASA for 10 minutes, increase it to
14 minutes for 800ASA.

Tech stuff: While most folks speak of pushing to increase film speed, you are
not actually doing that. What underexposure does is reduce contrast AND film
latitude. By overdevloping you are increasing the contrast, but you have
already lost the latitude and the shadow detail is gone. If that is acceptable
in your final image pushing will work for that image.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Michael Spivak wrote:
Hi

I have a problem that i can't solve myself here... so i was adviced to
ask the list :) (thanks Boris)
I have an exposed TriX 400 film pushed 1 stop (exposed as 800) and i
usually use the TMAX developer for the process... but i've ever pushed
a film... can someone help please and tell me the developing time for
this film poushed 1 stop with that specific developer ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Michael