Which is why I expect that someone will manufacture B&W film in the future. I'm fairly certain that the supply curve for film is U shaped. It doesn't have to be produced it extra huge quantities to be economical. I also expect there will be color film stock made for quite some time as well. There are hundreds of thousands of movie theaters which still have 35mm projectors. Movies may be shot in digital, but distribution will probably be primarily on film, it would cost a stupendous amount of money to replace those projectors, and as in any business. there would have to be a compelling economic reason to change, which at this point just doesn't exist.
Mark Roberts wrote:

Bob Shell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Go into a mass marketer that sells inkjet printers and count how many Kodak printers you see for sale. In almost all cases it will be zero.

Look at inkjet paper and you'll see some Kodak packages, but that is such a competitive market that I don't think anyone is making much money from it. There are just too many companies supplying inkjet paper.

Yeah. Kodak's having a go at the market
(http://www.dpreview.com/news/0412/04122301kodak_newplant.asp)
I wish 'em luck but I'm not optimistic.

My chemist friend was lamenting the days of high-profit-margin products
(which means film). He said he thought it cost more to make the
packaging (box and film canister) than the film itself.

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).