Adam Maas wrote:

mike wilson wrote:

From: Cesar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2005/08/26 Fri AM 02:21:46 GMT
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Survey: Your Most Unusual Shot

mike wilson wrote:

From: Cesar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

1) I was sitting in a UH-1 with the doors open as we did a 'map of the earth' return to our base in southern Honduras. The others hesitated when the pilot asked if we wanted to do it, so I chimed in and said yes! Nothing spectacular in terms of photos but it was the situation.

What's a "map of the earth" return?

mike

Mike,

Basically, it is following the terrain of the earth with a set altitude. So that could be 400 feet above the ground and tree tops...

What a blast,

César
Panama City, Florida

Sounds like a recipe for regurgitation. 8-) I sometimes watch the RAf practicing low flying in the countrysdide around here. 400' would be considered as getting some height for a look around 8-)

Ever seen the film of the RNAS making a mock attack on a bunker in Arizona/Nevada?

mike

Nap of the Earth (not Map btw) can be a lot of fun. Oneof my earliest memories is flying at treetop height down a river in northern BC, sitting in the front right-hand seat of my father's Bell 206 Jetranger.

-Adam

_Now_ it makes sense. Not that I would want to go in a paraffin budgie at any time.