I use the Epson P-2000. It's not the smallest device around and has a 40G capacity. However, it takes both SD and CF cards, is pretty simple/easy to figure out, and has an excellent 3.5" diagonal LCD for image review. It can display Pentax' PEF files, as well as Canon, Minolta, Nikon and Olympus RAW formats. When displaying JPEGs, it can display histograms as well. It's got a good sized, custom form-factor Lithium-Ion battery that seems to be good for about 12G of data upload as well as a lot of review time per charge, probably more if you don't do as much review.

I bought it before I left on my trip and it did me excellent service: much less to carry than a laptop while retaining the ability to review and show photos to folks.

If the display capabilities are not important to you, or you'd like to save some money, the CompactDrive PD70X is the one I'd go for. It takes the same batteries as the D/DS cameras (AAs in NiMH or Lithium types), can act as a battery charger if you plug it in, and it's fast. You can buy it as a bare shell and fit whatever drive you want into it (2.5 inch x 9.5mm laptop hard drives). A set of AA Lithium disposables and an 80G drive, and it will probably upload nearly its full capacity on a single set of batteries.

Godfrey