I do nature photography almost exclusively.
The filters I use most are:

1. Polariser
To take away reflexes in foliage and water surfaces, and to increase the
blueness in the sky.

2. graded grays
When the sky is included in the image, it's usually much brighter than the
landscape. A graded gray filter is invaluable for balancing the light in a
scene.

I sometimes use other filters too, but that's the ones I couldn't do
without.

Jostein

[snip]