What Bill said. That's pretty much where I'm at on both a new D and a 645 digital.
Paul
On Aug 30, 2005, at 10:58 PM, William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Herb Chong"
Subject: Re: Ordered the DS this Morning

. i am willing to pay $5K for a better
spec body, but at that price, i expect it to be a Nikon D2X clone in specs. i think if Pentax can sell 10-20K higher spec bodies at $2500, derived from the current *istD, they will break even. KM is most likely going to announce a 9D in the spring. we're going to get the 645D instead. i think Pentax will be lucky to sell 2000 of them.

If it takes 5 grand for Pentax to put what you want (which, as it happens, is also what I want) on the table, I would buy it, but for that much, it's build had better be exquisite as well. Actually, I'd prefer it to have a nice build.

While I like the idea of a digital 645, I'm probably not in their target market.
I'm not willing to buy into a fifth lens line at the moment.
The exception for me would be if it would use, and use well, the 6x7 lenses, in which case I would certainly consider one.
But it would have to use CF cards.

William Robb