no-one knows. i am of the opinion that it won't be announced until next Feb and not available until Nov next year.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>; <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:35 PM
Subject: Next Pentax DSLR

When is the next Pentax DSLR going to be announced? I was under the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that Pentax was going to come out with higher end DSLR, a D upgrade if you will. Don’t manufactures announce in or before September their new products that they want to push for Christmas?

My plan is to wait for the upgrade DSLR, buy the upgrade DSLR, then look for a cheap D on ebay for a backup body (hoping that people will be selling their D to finance the next DSLR).