The eyecup on my DS doesn't seem likely to fall off easily but it
looks very fragile.  As I've always preferred the older style cups as
fitted to the M series,  I replaced the DS cup with one off my ME - it
fits snugly and is actually better suited to the DS than the ME (where
the cup had to be continually removed and replaced every time a new
film was loaded).

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Walters