Congrats!  Have an early start on your weekend.

--- Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The camera seems so small compared to many of the SLR's I've used.  It's
> not much larger than the Sony DSC-S85.  That's pretty amazing considering
> the size of other DSLR bodies.

That is indeed one of it's major charms, imho.  I've handled a D70 and a 20D
recently; both are physically larger & heavier.  The DS feels much more
comfortable in my hands.  I also saw an Canon EOS-1V? N? mounted w/ battery
pack.  Talk about one heavy package!

> Diopter correction is such that I can use it without wearing my glasses!
> <VBG>

Whoo hoo!  That's great.

> Silver would be the wrong color for this body.

Agreed.  Exchange the silver for the black (if you can). <g>

> Major disappointment: When I bought the LX, it came with a great velvet
> storage pouch.  The DS comes with a crummy little plastic bag with a label
> telling of its dangers, like taking care not to suffocate a baby or small
> child.

Keep the plastic away from cats & other small animals as well.

> The strap is a POS.  Maybe one of the thin leather Spotmatic straps can be
> made to fit.

Agreed.  I've never used mine.  I substituted it w/ a Zx-5n strap, in case you
were wondering.

> Maybe the FedEx hassle was worth it ...

It would've been nicer if you had gotten it yesterday w/o the hassles.

Pat in SF