Fra: Boris Liberman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 4. september 2005 06:36
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: GESO: Opera at the Town Hall Square

Hi!

Thanks, Boris.
I guess what you mean is, it's a bit unusual to get rather nice concert
shots with such a slow combo?

Indeed.

Well, I really should get the 2.8/200mm or the 2.8/80-200mm. I know. But I
don't have that kind of money available right now.

Once more I agree ;-).

Please look at these shot, made with the same combo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bladt/39921897/in/set-877712/

Cool shots. Can you tell us what was the aperture?

I have another reasonably cheap alternative to 2.8/200 et al. Tamron
90/2.5 Macro (manual focus) goes only to 1:2. There is a special doubler
matched to this lens. With the doubler you get 1:1 macro factor and it
becomes 180/5. I realize it is not 2.8/200 but it is probably 1/5 or
even less of the price. I got mine for about $120.

Boris