From: David Oswald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:23 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Sensor reflection

Godfrey alluded in another post to the fact that there is a possibility
of sensor reflection affecting an image.  This hadn't previously
occurred to me, but makes perfect sense.

So that begs the question; is it possible that some of what we often
think we see as CA is actually a reflection off of the CCD back to the
rear element, and from the rear element back to the CCD?

The CCD is a pretty reflective surface.  I suppose that's a necessary
evil.  This is asking a question of speculation... Is there any point
for camera manufacturers to investigate the possibility of
non-reflective CCD's?  Or is that simply an impossibility?