>In my experience, it is not uncommon that lenses perform better at close
>
>distances than at infinity. Of course, when focusing at infinity you have
>consider that haze, smog, etc. will lower the resolution performance of
any

>lens... however, even leaving aside macro and close-ups, I've got the
>impression that many wide/standard lenses perform better at say 5m than
when

>focused 100m and beyond. This looks especially true with budget lenses.
Has

>anyone else had this same feeling?

I found the FA 28-105/3.2-4.5 AL IF a very nice lens.
At the 105mm end, wide open, I shot very nice portraits, with a very nice
bokeh (in my opinion), only a bit soft.
But when I try to shot landscapes a 105mm, even at F8, I find the lens has
aberration and low contrast.
So I believe that the FA 28-105/3.2-4.5 AL IF performs worst at 105mm at
infinity. Maybe because is an internal focus lens.

Bye,

Marco

TISCALI ADSL 1.25 MEGA
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi senza limiti e telefoni senza canone Telecom
a partire da 19,95 Euro/mese.
Attivala entro il 31 agosto, il primo MESE รจ GRATIS! CLICCA QUI.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/1e25flat_tc/