I just tried manually setting the white balance with the pop-up flash - this
worked fine, I'm fairly confident that this process will also work with
studio flash - I will give this a try tomorrow in my studio and let you
know.

Anyway - I think that flash colour temperature doesn't vary a lot - so you
ought to be able to use the built-in "flash" white balance setting.

Using the modelling lights will be a bit risky - Even IF the correct bulbs
are fitted.

My 2c.

Rob W