I dunno about this. The Australian term is wanky. Photographer makes 5 prints from a negative. Then cuts the neg in quarters, and 4 of the prints are sold, each with one of the quarters, to ensure that the print is truly limited. Beside the fact that you still have to take his word that he only makes 5 prints, I can't see how destroying the negative makes the photos any better. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad photos - a bit bland, but nothing really wrong with them. At least he doesn't photoshop the results :)

(warning, "artistic nudes" ahead)
http://www.nad-iksodas.com/split.htm

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]