On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Kevin Waterson wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Chris Stoddart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Oh I am trying that on one of my servers. Been serving a RAID for about a
> > month now with no problems. Looks and feels just like RHEL 4.1. The
> > words 'RedHat' still pop up in a few unexpected places tho, hehehehehe.
>
> How do you find the updates? Are they timely with security based updates?

You can get them from the CentOS site using yum (or up2date) in the same
way as you would with RedHat Enterpise. We're considering building a
repository here like we have for the legacy RedHat and Fedora installs -
we have 2 CentOS machines at the moment and may have more soon so it'd be
worthwhile. They claim to have patches within at least 72 hours of
RH, usually a lot less.

One worry is of course how long the outfit will last, but the constant
changes in Fedora have been driving us crazy and we do object to having
to buy RH Enterpise every damn year (it's incredibly faffy on our
purchasing system too).

Chris