Certainly.

Why do you ask? It's not relevant to card readers and such. FW 800 is really best for RAIDs and streaming video, audio capture. There are only a very few devices that can take advantage of the FW800 data transfer capacity.

Godfrey

On Sep 7, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Speaking of speed, are you guys familiar with the Firewire 800 setup?

Shel

[Original Message]
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

Also whatever the theoretical lmimits, Firewire is about everytime
faster the USB2: often a bit, sometimes a lot. But when you'll see the
price of a firewire card reader, you'll buy the USB one IMO.

Not *always* but most of the time this is true. I only know of one
FireWire SD card reader available (don't own it). I have a Lexar
FireWire CF card reader too, but it is no faster than the USB 2.0 CF
card reader.