I prefer the original. On my monitor, the bright area on her forehead is beginning to show a hint of posterization on the higher contrast version.
On Sep 8, 2005, at 2:45 AM, Bruce Dayton wrote:

Hello Shel,

Based on your recommendation, I went back and punched it up just a
bit.  I think it does look just a bit better, although it has a slight
effect on the skin tones.  I'm suspecting my monitor is just a shade
more contrasty than yours.

Anyway, here's the changed image:
http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/0110_amber_042a.htm

and the original: