Hi, P.J.

> I thought I mentioned that they weren't the best in the group of series
> ones.

Yes, indeed you did.  I was merely adding my personal observation that, at
the time that Vivitar was celebrating its anniversary, high quality in VS1
lenses had become a thing of the past (in my humble opinion).

> They are however a match for the finish, after all who in their right
> mind would actually use them to take pictures.

Well, these particular eBay lenses ~may~ actually have been used - they
were certainly not in mint "collector's condition" - they were merely
"excellent", perhaps in "9" condition.

As for actually using these models, I'm willing to use the (5th-generation)
Q-DOS 3-D version of that 4th-generation 70-210, just because it's fun to
use, even though its optical and build qualities are less than that of the
sweet first three VS1 70-210's.

Fred