To get a statistically correct result, 10x is the minimum set that makes any sense otherwise I have to go to t-values and the error of the estimate goes out of sight.

I like to have some precision in my testing... ;-)

Godfrey
degree in mathematics, specialization in statistics

On Sep 8, 2005, at 5:02 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

For some you may be right. For others, something a bit more precise is desirable. Speaking only for myself, something a bit more precise than 10 mb/sec v 20mb/sec is desirable. More precision, numbers closer to actual, are more meaningful. However, I'm not sure - in fact I know - that I'd not run the test 10X per card that I'm testing. Eight sounds about right ;-))

Shel

[Original Message]
From: keith_w
Subject: Re: SD Ultra II - testing ...

Ten times? That seems like serious overkill to me.
The effort expended is MORE than needed. This is not the national bureau
of standards level of testing being required. If you're off by 2
seconds, or 3 or 5, do you beiieve it will really matter to anyone?

When someone asks the data transfer rate for a given card, they mean is
it 10 mb/sec or 20 or 30. Not 11 vs. 10.

[NB: The above sentence is not meant to reflect actual numbers, but is
merely illustrative, to get the point across...]  <g>

keith