On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Frank Knapik wrote:

... PZ-1p, LX, MX,AF500FTZ,AF280,AF 50/1.4,Af28-105(pz),A24/2.8 and more. ... does anyone have any wedding experience using an *istD or DS with the above flashes and lenses. I do realize I will need a wider lens. Any digital specific zoom recommendations? ...

- Either of the D or DS will work fine with those flash units, you'll get TTL flash rather than P-TTL. - 50mm is a fine portrait tele, 24mm is a good "wide" lens (roughly the same field of view as 35mm lens with your LX or other film SLR cameras).

I don't do weddings, but there's no reason not to use the D or DS with those flashes and lenses for wedding events. You'll have to experiment a bit to learn the proper settings that work for you regards flash exposure, but that's easy. I personally never liked doing wedding/group photos with anything wider than a 35mm lens on a 35mm SLR, but if you need the wider field of view you'll want the DA16-45 lens most likely... that nets you the same field of view as you're used to with the 24mm on film.

For wedding work, you'll likely want to use RAW format exclusively to get the most in tonal and dynamic range.

Godfrey