P-TTL has a huge problem with some people.  They blink in reaction to
the first flash and end up with their eyes either closed or partially
closed.  It is only some people, but for them, it is a real problem.

I shoot weddings regularly with my *istD's.  The basic way I work, is
to use AF360FGZ's for daylight fill flash - basically enough ambient
light, but fill in is needed for catchlight and/or shadow fill.  That
is using the high speed synch and flash compensation that the flash is
capable of.

Many weddings have a reception in the evening or in a darker venue
where there is not enough ambient light (this is the time the blinkers
really show up) I use an AF400T in TTL mode with camera compensation
dialed down about 1-2 stops.  I take a shot of the bride in white and
the groom in black/dark and adjust from that.  I get almost no
blinkers from the AF400T where I commonly got blinkers from the P-TTL
type system.  I have heard the same problem from other wedding photogs
using other brands that do the same basic pre-flash.

--
Best regards,
Bruce