On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 01:57:25PM +0100, Cotty wrote:
> On 13/9/05, frank theriault, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >Sorry, I still don't understand the game.  However, what I really like
> >is that they all look so smashing, dressed in white and all.  I
> >remember when they dressed in white for tennis, too.  Rocket Rod, John
> >Newcombe, Arthur Ashe.  Those were the days.
> >
> >Style is everything.
>
> They still have to for Wimbledon.

No they don't.

They haven't had to dress strictly in white for a long time, now.
Remember when Andre Agassi first showed up at Wimbledon?  He had
a reputation for wild outfits, and there was much specualtion as
to just how far he would push the dress code.  Instead, he came
out wearing tennis whites (except for one small black logo).
That wouldn't have been quite so brilliant a move if everybody
(or even anybody) else was wearing an all-white strip.  As it
was, Andre stood out amongst the sea of coloured sleeves, big
stripes of colour, etc.