I'm quite sure the D does not have a seperatly adjustable flash
compensation. Unfortunately.
To be able to use a flash as a fill flash and still use AE (sensor in camera
or in flash unit) it's necassary to use a flash that will allow this.
Perhaps the AF360FGZ can cheat the flash sensor in the camera body????

What I really want, is a "TTL-Flash - 0.3" or or "TTL-Flash -0.7" setting.
I just want to reduce the flash output by a certain percentage, then leave
everything else as if there were no flash at all. In other words, I want an
adjsutable "built-in flash meter/flash controller".

I normally shoot flash pics in Manual Mode, to ensure a sufficient shutter
speed to freeze movement. So I have to be able to use different apertures.
That's why I don't really want to use the "cheat the flash technique", which
forces me to stay the same aperture setting all the time.

Is there any way I can do that with the "D"? I don't shoot weeddings - but
if I did - I'd certainly need a flash compensation, similar to that of the
PZ-1p, to avoid a Flash Look and burned out high lights.

Jens Bladt
Arkitekt MAA
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt