On 2005-09-14 11:33, Alexandru-Cristian Sarbu wrote:
> So: do you know any reliable stores in those cities? (I think Vienna
> is the best bet). Warranty is an important issue, I don't think I'll
> be able to travel often to Austria - and, even if we (Romanians) have
> a Pentax authorized service, they won't accept the international
> warranty.

One question is the availability of the DS - or its successor, the DS2.
Only few shops in Austria stock Pentax :-(

you could check www.geizhals.at (IMHO the best price comparison for Austria
and Germany). e.g.

http://www.geizhals.at/?a=118975&t=abholung&v=l
http://www.geizhals.at/?a=118977&t=abholung&v=l
(on stock in shop): none

The tax in Austria is higher than in Germany - one of the reasons why German
prices are lower.

See http://www.geizhals.at/?fs=Pentax+ist+ds&x=0&y=0&in= for price
comparisions (e.g. from 644 EUR on for body, best price in Austria: 723.10
EUR).

European warranty is two years, European return policy from internet orders
is two weeks. Be aware of some dealers with overpriced delivery costs - or
maybe grey market.

Good luck,
Martin