I like the idea of abstraction, texture, and so on, the problem is that this particular abstraction seems to not say stone statue so much as Pompeii or as Frank said, burn unit. Don't know if the texture is too large or the color is
the issue, but yea, its disturbing
J.W.L.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: PESO: Lisa's Legs

At 04:40 PM 9/14/2005, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Hi Glen, I don't like it.  The pose looks forced and unnatural.  The
Photoshop work, as good as it may be, makes the whole thing look grotesque,
unpleasant.  However, I like the idea that you're pushing the envelope.
Whatever you do, don't let negative comments stop you from experimenting
and exploring.

Thanks Shel, for the encouragement. I truly appreciate it. Like I told someone else earlier, I only ask that people comment honestly on my work, whether they like it or not.

I happen to like the image, but I don't see a girl when I see the image. I see form, colors, and texture. Of course, I'm aware that it was derived from a girl's legs, but the girl herself isn't what my mind concentrates on when I see this image. Perhaps that is why I like it and some others don't? I suspect that some of them only want to see the sexy girl?

For those that do, you can take a look here:

http://webpages.charter.net/glenweb/gallery/Lisa1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/glenweb/gallery/Lisa2.jpg

These were taken at a beauty pageant Lisa participated in. There was no Photoshop work done on these. This is what Lisa actually looks like. I imagine that many of you will be relieved to know that her skin is in flawless condition. ;)

I'm interested to know whether people prefer these candid images, or the artistic images I first posted? Also, please tell me why you prefer the one you do.

Thanks so much everyone,
Glen