On 9/19/05 13:39, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> Other available converters include dcraw, Vuescan, and Silkypix that
> I've heard about. Only one of those I've used is Vuescan because it
> does NOT do hot pixel removal ... occasionally useful if I'm trying
> to analyze something.

Thanks for the comments, Godfrey. I've just finished playing with the PSE3
trial version for a few minutes, and it seems like good stuff.

It takes a little longer to work through a folder of images compared to
Capture One, but I like the other tools (blemish, red-eye) that Capture One
doesn't have.

Over the past two months, I've automated a conversion workflow with dcraw
and ImageMagick, but I just wasn't getting the results I was looking for
mostly because my frames vary too much. I've also used the Capture One demo
and Raw Shooter Essentials, but I'd like to stick with the Mac.

Tim