On Sep 20, 2005, at 7:16 AM, wendy beard wrote:

i've been using it since it came out. it is one of the true deblurring Photoshop filters. until Smart Sharpen came out in Photoshop CS2, there was no real deblur function in Photoshop that allowed modifying any settings. Unsharp Mask is not a deblurring function. once you are able to understand and use a proper deblurring filter, you will never use Unsharp Mask again.

I bought a copy of Focus Fixer a couple of months ago. I'm still
playing around with the settings, but have used it to save a couple of
photos. (Prints had been ordered on the strength of seeing teeny tiny
proof thumbnails and I found later when coming to print them that the
focus was off)

The question I have is whether there's any real value to be had in using Focus Fixer now that Photoshop CS2 has a deconvolution blur removal tool built-in. Does FocusFixer do a substantially better job? Is it more configurable? $60 isn't a huge amount of money...

Godfrey