Many thanks to all those who have commented on this image.  All kinds
of comments are helpful to hear.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 9:16:02 AM, you wrote:

ft> On 9/19/05, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> This particular cattail was intriguing because it looked so much like
>> a hot dog to me.
>>
>> Pentax *istD, K 200/2.5, Handheld
>> ISO 200, 1/1000 sec
>>
>> http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/bkd_2173.htm
>>
>> Comments welcome

ft> To me, this is Quintessential Dayton <g>.

ft> I mean, I know you do other things really really well, but these very
ft> simple nature shots, where you "isolate" one part of a plant, like a
ft> leaf, a stem, a flower, etc, are among my favourites of yours.  The
ft> simple, spare composition is always so exquisite and revealing - if
ft> Stevie Wonder let you use the title, you could call this collection
ft> "The Secret Life of Plants" - I always think of that title when I see
ft> one of your photos of this genre.

ft> Thanks!

ft> cheers,
ft> frank