Some, it seems, are more capable on film cameras and less so with digital.
That's been noted here several times.  While I've just started to work with
the K (and M) lenses on the DS, I was surprised to see that one of my
favorites doesn't seem to stack up very well when used with the DS.  More
exposures are necessary to reach a definite conclusion, but the first
impression was disappointing.

That said, it's quite possible that, in many instances, the use of K & M
lenses would not be the first choice for quality conscious D-series users,
making the entire discussion of interchangability and compatibilty somewhat
moot..

Shel