Yes your are a lone voice crying in the wilderness, power zoom is probably the least missed functionality in any camera.

Mark Erickson wrote:

The list has been consumed with passionate debates about "green button wars" and camera engineering, nobody has mentioned a MAJOR lack of support for a key feature that Pentax pioneered! What am I talking about? Power Zoom, of course! It was bad enough when Pentax released their new top-end MZ-S without supporting Image-Size Tracking, Zoom Clip, and Zoom Effect capabilities. Pentax did at least include Power Zoom contacts in the MZ-S so that the power zoom capability in certain FA and FA* zoom lenses didn't completely go to waste. Unfortunately, Pentax has fully abandoned their many FA and FA* power zoom owners with the *ist-D and *ist-Ds. Wouldn't it have been ridiculously easy to include power zoom contacts? So now I have two FA* lenses with Power Zoom motors that may never be exercised again. Am I the only voice crying in the wilderness, or does someone else out there miss Power Zoom?

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).