Try up-sizing them in Photoshop, the new "Bicubic, Smoother" seems to work about as well as the expensive add ons do. For inkjet prints I find anything over 200ppi works fine, below that I see a loss of quality. I have not had any outsourced prints done so can not address that issue.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Whenever I have prints made on the Lightjet or the Frontier, I use 300ppi
to 330ppi or so for the resolution (is that the term?) which gives me a
nice, big, richly detailed print from scanned negatives.  Using the same
resolution with the DS results in a much smaller print size, on the order
of 6x9.  The lab people around here recommend the greater ppi for quality
work.

I've also heard that 240ppi is acceptable, although that it's used more for
inkjet prints.

So, what ppi do you use for what size/type prints?  If all I can get are
small prints using the recommended ppi from the digi, well, that's an
unhappy circumstance.  But it seems that many of you are getting larger
than 6x9 prints from the DSLR.

Shel "Am I paranoid or perceptive?"