On Sep 23, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Scott Loveless wrote:

Thanks.  Will do.  I've been using Slackware Linux for a while now, so
I think I have a handle on the *nix part.  But if I  run into
problems, you'll build a killfile just for me.

You're in for a surprise if you think Mac OS X is anything like Slackware :)

If you're keen to get stuck into /bin/bash, you'll find Terminal in Applications/Utilities. All the usual stuff is available - find, sed, awk, grep, etc.

I'd love to set up a Mini as a small general purpose server but in my case I needed two ethernet cards and wasn't willing to spend money, so I repurposed an old Pentium II machine.

Cheers,

- Dave (has 4 Slackware machines and 1 Mac)