Lucas Rijnders wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:31:26 +0200, Alexandru-Cristian Sarbu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/23/05, Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For example, is the 31/1.8 a modern equivalent of the K30/2.8? And if
it is, can you give me a black Limited in EXC+ condition for 100GBP? I
will pay P&P and customs, thanks.

Is the *istDS a modern digital equivalent of the ME Super? And if it
is, can you give me one in EXC+ condition for 100GBP? I will pay P&P
and customs, thanks.
Does that make sense for you? For me I know it doesn't.

Oh, come on. Kostas gave a _very_ good argument for backward compatibility. No need to put it down like that. As a pentax user you have the choice to buy high quality, fast lenses for relatively little money. That _is_ a great advantage. To illustrate, this week I raved to a friend about the great pictures you can take with fast lenses (and, too be honest, I also showed some pictures where stopping a bit down would have been better...). I told him my fastest lens was f/1,7 (an A50 which cost me €30,-). I assured him that 50mm are always fast and cheap. However, he has an EOS 350D and when I checked I found out that the cheapest secondhand EOS 50mm is €100,- or so... I know I would not have bought the lenses I did buy if I had an EOS: It would have been several times more expensive, and I'm spending too much on lenses as it is now ;-)

The EF $50 f1.8 II is %75USD New. 100 Euro's is ridiculous, order form the US.

-Adam