Hi Rob ...

I'll try with the t'pod tomorrow and use a smaller aperture.  Never thought
about focus bracketing.  Not a bad idea ;-))

You knew I'd been thinking about a DSLR for a while and that it was just a
matter of time before I'd get one.  My little Sony had a tripod mishap, and
the price on the DS was very low, so it seemed like the perfect time to
make the move.  I'll be able to get a few dollars for the Sony to offset
the DS, which made the deal even more appealing.  Exposure count?  Not much
... only about 400 or so, although almost 100 of those were made just to
exercise a sticky aperture on a K-mount lens.  Plans are to make a few more
exposures tomorrow - maybe eight or ten ;-))

Shel

far?