Powell Hargrave wrote:
I think all Epson ink jet printers have a vacuum pump to suck ink through
the heads to clear clogs.  I know all the older ones do.

Powell

There's a pump to pull the waste ink away from the head sponge into the waste ink receptacle at the bottom of the printer but I don't think it actually sucks (sorry, ENR)ink from the head. There is a function to make the print head run full speed (for want of a better description) to try to blow ink through all nozzles.

Godfrey's 1270, the 1280, and most of the higher end consumer Epson printers all have it.
Herb...