In a message dated 9/24/2005 4:32:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
i have 3 or 4 versions of each. for
ordinary photographic image manipulation that most people do here, Painter
is well behind what Photoshop can do, while painterly manipulation is what
Painter is all about and Photoshop is just adequate.

Herb....
=========
Thanks Herb. I didn't open Illustrator so I think I will resell it on Amazon.
I've done some vectoring in Paintshop Pro and it's derfinitely not for me. So
I'll pick up Painter IX with a student discount. Somehow I thought
Illustrator was something else. Stupid little old me.

Well, they had it at the college bookstore, they didn't have Painter. But I
can get that online. And, yes, I didn't research enough first.

Now I am clued in. Thanks.

Yup, Dave, I am one lucky devil, a tablet is something I have wanted for
years. (And years and years -- even before they HAD tablets. :-))

Marnie aka Doe