"P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The M can usually be had in better than decent condition for under
>$60.00 and I think it's a real bargain at that price.  There are
>probably sharper, but not by much, and closer focusing 200mm lenses, but
>most are unlikely to be as well built, (with a built in lens hood that
>seems to be actually useful).

The Cosina cost me $20
It also has a very useful built-in retractable hood. My only complaint
is that it doesn't focus very close.
Its filter thread is an inconvenient 55mm, but with the ist-D I can use
a step-down ring and small 49mm filters without getting any vignetting.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing