On 25 Sep 2005 at 12:55, Powell Hargrave wrote:

> Saving just a high quality Jpeg makes file browsing, organization and
> back-up much simpler.

I create a half-sized thumbnail image using an executable from John Francis for
each of my PEF files, it's quick and can be used in a batch mode.  These little
jpg images I find perfect for pre-editing/sorting/assessment and relatively
indiscriminate distribution. All my PEF files are backed up serially so it's
easy to find the library disc that contains the original image, it also helps
that my image management tool (Thumbs Plus) can both recognize PEF files and
maintains off-line thumbnail images for all of my off-line storage.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998