From: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:56 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Camera engineering (This is signifigant)

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"

>K lenses did not cease producton when
> A was introduced because some lenses
> were not possible in A version but
> still desireable to keep in the lineup.

Right, so really, they have dropped support of current lenses, I suppose,
since they never actually stopped making K lenses?

> Secondly, the production numbers speak for
> themselves. It doesn't matter years it matters how
> many lenses Pentax has just abandoned support
> on for no compatiblity reason whatsoever...
> and based those production numbers it looks
> like they have abandoned full support of most of the bayonet mount
> lenses they have ever made because most lenses they have ever made are
> K/M types..

Support hasn't been abandoned. They still mount, they still meter, and they
still take pictures with the current digital SLRs.
What was the pressing need to maintain the mechanical couplings for 20-30
year out of date lenses?

William Robb