From: P. J. Alling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 2:17 AM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: SMC Takumar 85mm 1.8 question

Depends on what you consider a restriction.  The lens will only meter in
stop down metering mode.  For fast exposures you'll have to compose, set
the lens to shooting aperture, and if you're happy with the cameras
shutter speed suggestion, trip the shutter.  There's no coupling between
the meter and the aperture.

Markus Maurer wrote:

Hi all

I just won an auction for a screw mount SMC Takumar 1.8 85mm
lens and since
it will be the first M42 lens I use I would like to know:
Will I have any restrictions using it on a film body like the Pentax SFXn
with a mount adapter K (30120) from Pentax?
Or can I set the aperture on the lens and the body will set the shutter
speed or is all to be set manually then?

Any other comments on this lens?

thanks for answers in advance
Markus

--
When you're worried or in doubt,
        Run in circles, (scream and shout).

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).