[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just bought an SMC-M 50/4.0 macro on eBay for what seemed like a good
> price ($93.00 in mint condition, with case) so I thought that I'd solicit
> comments *after* the fact ;-P (It was kind of an impulse purchase).
>
> (snip, snip)
>
> So is this lens decent? (KEH wants obscene prices for them)

It is a great lens -  sharp as a tack, easier to hold steady than the 100mm
macro but
to get real super close ups of little beasties they best not mind you being up
close.
I used to put that  guy on one camera and my 28.mm on the other for quick access

and just walk around with those two if I didn't want to lug more, with TX in one
camera
and PKR 64 in the other.

IMHO you (she) won't be sorry!

annsan