On 9/28/05, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Canada had more firearms per capita than the United States. (Of course,
> the population here is vastly greater, so the total number of firearms
> is greater than that of Canada. We're probably safe from invasion!)

Well, that was the point I was about to make - I just saw Bowling for
Columbine again <g> which reminded me that we have some 7 million
firearms.

What we do have is firearm ~restrictions~ (especially WRT handguns,
which are still available, but much harder to legally own).  We in no
way have a "ban on firearms".

I'm still not sure what forms of religious speech we have banned.  I
eagerly await information about that.

cheers,
frank