Much easier to have the weapons available before hand. Have fun buying one in
England if you decide you need one...

Bob W wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: P. J. Alling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 28 September 2005 23:13
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Liberty. Was: anybody still shoot film?

Older handguns are beautiful machines, as worthy of collecting as any other well made object. Additionally Government agents will always have handguns, or worse. Right now they are on the side of the angels, mostly. That could change. Even if I don't need a handgun, for that reason, I won't foreclose on the future.

That argument doesn't really work very well. If the nature of the government
changed to the extent that you felt you really needed a gun as a weapon
(rather than for sports or to protect yourself against ordinary criminals),
then the chances are that that government would already have made guns
illegal. So you would need to obtain them illegally anyway. In situations
like that it never seems difficult to find someone to sell you the weapons -
look at Northern Ireland as an example.

Bob

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).