Hi G ...

The idea seems nice, but I'm not convinced that the durability of the card
doesn't suffer.  I'll let the early adapters use 'em for a while. Speaking
for myself, I don't use a separate card reader except perhaps when using a
friend's computer.  The machine here has a built in multi-card reader,
which is very convenient.  It takes up one of the floppy disk slots.

1GB is fine for me right now as well.  I've a couple of 512mb cards, and am
looking to add one or two 1GB cards.  For now I think I'm going to grab an
80X Transcend.  Price/Performance ratio seems pretty good @ New Egg.  That
should DL in a reasonably quick fashion.  Since posting about the Pretec
card, I noticed a few other brands have, or will have out soon, 4GB cards
with about 150X speed.

Shel